Monday, October 15, 2007

back to the daily grind

One week since I have checked out of the hospital. Today was the first day I have really had to exert myself. And it sucked. Because it wasn't really anything that I should be tired from. I have been able to take things at my own speed for the last week. Which meant really, really, slow. I didn't leave the house until Friday and that was only to go eat (love some sushi rolls)and catch a movie (Michael Clayton - go see it! Great conspiracy flick!) Today meant getting a move on it. I wore myself out walking through O'Hare and Orlando. I was exhausted by the time I made it to the gate. I know it won't last forever but that doesn't make the being light-headed and weakness suck any less.

Tomorrow I have a full day of work at my worst site. They are so far behind on work and refuse to do anything in between visits. Yes, these are grown adults. Anyways, I am really looking forward to it. I brought my workout clothes and may try to get some time in on the bike or stair stepper. I figured I am going to need some workout time to relieve the stress I am going to be feeling after the work day. I would like to be back running by the end of the week but I am not going to push myself.

5 comments:

Bill Carter said...

It sounds like your body is still a little mad at you from your Chicago experience. I kind of know the feeling... But your body will forgive you soon and you will feel that urge to jump back in there and start training. It could be in the form of elliptical, bike, stair stepper, or even running, but you will know when your ready.
I know for me one of the things (besides the obsessive psychosis part) that keeps me coming back to running is that it is such a stress reliever. Do not let the post-marathon blues get you down.. that race doesn't deserve any more of your time.

Nancy said...

Take is easy, Jamie. You've had quite an ordeal. I'm glad you had a slow week.

Hope the nitwits surprise you and have made a bunch of improvement since your last visit. :D Not likely, eh? Oh, well, maybe a miracle will happen.

RunToTheFinish said...

I am the worst at wanting to run even when I shouldn't, but I can say that I'm learning it's true sometimes you have to suck it up and not run..oh the irony.

Marcy said...

I agree with Nancy! You've been through so much! Take er easy chica!! You'll be back to it in no time!

Andria said...

Glad you are recovering. Take it easy because you don't want to stress yourself out too soon, but kicking some but at the tough site may be just what you need...