Friday, September 28, 2007

Rabies Awareness 5K Fun Run

Did anyone see the season premiere of The Office last night?!? LMAO! First of all if you didn't see it Michael decided to raise money for rabies awareness after he hit Meredith with his car and she ended up in the hospital for a broken pelvis where she need to get a rabies shot. So Michael becomes obsessed with rabies and has the great idea of making everyone run the 5K (which he thinks is 5,000 miles) to raise money. At one point Dwight tells Michael that he spiked Toby's coffee with Imodium (yeah he meant to use ex-lax) and cut to Toby saying "This is my best run ever, usually I need to use the bathroom at this point". Michael tries carbo loading and someone else discusses chafing. The episode is hilarious and all you runners will greatly appreciate it! I suggest if you didn't see it to check it out on nbc.com. It is free to watch there for a week. Enjoy!

And on to my running. I'm back! I had a great run this morning, everything felt good, the weather was cooler. I kept to my 9:30 minute miles on this run - it is taper week 1 and I have an 8 mile run tomorrow. Now after such a great run I am motivated to get this condo clean.

5 comments:

Andria said...

That sounds hysterical. Just what I need on a boring Friday at work. Between that and checking out runnerslounge.com I'll get nothing done today!

Hope your cleaning goes well. Does that count as cross training? Sometimes pushing that vaccuum is quite a workout. LOL!

Bill Carter said...

Thanks for the info about "The Office". I'll admit that I am probably one of a very few people who don't regularly watch the show. I am going to make sure I see this episode and probably get hooked.
I like what Andria said...I think everybody should count vacuuming as cross training. Might as well include emptying the dishwasher as well.
Glad all is going well....that race is coming up fast.

Nancy said...

5k = 5000 miles. That makes sense.

Love the Imodium part. Will have to watch if the work lets up.

Marcy said...

Yeah, you totally don't need to hire a maid after all :P LOL

Tiffany said...

That episode was a classic! I loved his carbo loading right before the race- Fettucini Alfredo with extra cheese! That is like something I would do...

:)

One week to go!