Saturday, September 29, 2007

8 days and counting...

My sister and her husband came into town last night. I didn't actually see her until 2:30 am when they came home. Which is fine but I wanted to be up at 7 am for a run. Oh and their drunk friend called at 3 am...Yeah, I hit the snooze button...

Even though I had a rough night of sleep (meaning I couldn't sleep) I dragged my butt out of bed at 8am and was out the door 30 minutes later - everybody but the cat sound asleep. I had 8 miles on the ole schedule today. I thought I would be draggin after drinking a couple brewskies last night (GO CUBS!) and the lack of sleep. Instead I had a good run. I decided to go a little beyond just the 8 miles, probably closer to 9 and I actually had to tell myself to slow down and the second half. Don't want to use up all the reserves before next weekend! The legs and I did our morning jaunt of my legs saying "no, I don't want to you can't make me!" and me replying "but you have to - I don't have time to do this later and I'm already up so let's get it done". Finally (and luckily) shortly into the run they agreed to stop protesting and do their thing. The run lasted around 1 hour 20 min but I am not sure on the exact mileage. I was happy with it and I probably could have kept going. Now I hope that happens next Sunday.

Good luck to everyone who has races this weekend! I am looking forward to reading everyone's race reports Sunday/Monday!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I can't believe the marathon is coming up so soon!! There's a bunch of you all going too!

Awesome job getting out there and getting it done (even if the ole legs didn't want to at first hehe)