Monday, April 20, 2009

What the What?

Sun + rain that turns to hail then back to rain but only in certain neighborhoods = me thinking mother nature might be drunk or really hungover.  

Again it took me all day to put on the running gear and head outside.  No real reason, I wasn't busy with work, the rain seemed to holding off but there was no motivation.  Finally moved away from the computer just before 5.  It started raining just as I walked out the door, I turned around to head back in, and realized I just needed to go because there was no way I was getting my butt to the gym for a treadmill run.  Luckily the rain ended maybe 1/2 mile into the warm-up.  Overcast and great running weather for the rest of my run until I crossed the invisible line into my neighborhood.  The sun was shining/setting to my left and above me a light rain started.  No problem less than a mile to go.  The rain became heavy in an instant and next thing I know little white pellets are nailing me...What the What*?!?  I was still about .5 mile from the tunnel or any cover.  Ultimately it passed quickly and was all nice and sunny by the time I ran out of the underpass.  

Easy 6 on the schedule today but  I went crazy and ran 7.25 miles at a very comfortable pace :) My new shoes were the motivating factor.  

I have been wearing Asic Kayano's for a 2 years now and love them - especially the 15's.  For some reason I thought I might be wearing the wrong shoe.  I guess b/c I just picked them based on how they felt, never went and did the whole running store fitting and there was no real solid reason behind my choice.  So Sunday I headed over to my local Fleet Feet to find other options. Apparently I had been wearing a good shoe for my foot!  What are the odds?!?  Regardless I tried some other option and  settled on the Brooks Trance which are very similar to the Kayano's.  Today I may be having buyer's remorse. Maybe we just need to get used to each other?  Maybe I just miss my other babies?  I'm not giving up and I didn't break up with the Kayano's permanently.  I will be rotating my first shoe love in with the Trance and see how it goes after a few more runs.

*courtesy of  Liz Lemon (Tina Fey's character on 30 Rock).  My new favorite line now used in heavy rotation in everyday conversation.

9 comments:

D10 said...

Crazy weather! I love my Brooks, but have been thinking about trying asics next time around. I feel like I am cheating on Brooks for even thinking this!

J said...

I have been running in weather like that. A few weeks ago it started pouring while I was doing hills! I was totally soaked but it wasn't that cold so I actually enjoyed it!

X-Country2 said...

New, pretty shoes are a great motivator. :o)

aron said...

I definitely think mother nature is drunk. its going to be 95+ here today but rain in the forecast this weekend?

I looove my kayanos too, esp the 15s! I wore brooks before my asics but they hurt my feet :( I took them back and switched.

Nicole said...

OMG. I couldn't help but laugh. The same thing happened to me when we lived in Chicago. The weather was fine so I was out for a run on the lakefront and just got pelleted - it is one of my most memorable training runs ever.

rodney said...

I'm stuck on NB 992's. Scared to try something new. They fit well enough so I never think of them while I'm running.

audgepodge said...

I also like "I want to go to that"

Jess said...

Ohhh new shoes! So sweet! Glad you found good ones for your foot and stride!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,