Monday, April 6, 2009

Recovery Sock Review

These crazy socks called recovery sock have been making the rounds in the running blogworld.  I of course am a sucker for anything cool, new, and pink.  Plus when multiple people rave about anything that could help me feel better after a long run as it is usually impossible for me to walk down stairs without cringing my interest is piqued.  Normally I wouldn't pay over $30 for a pair of socks but like I said you people had me convinced.

I have to say they arrived quickly, about 3 days, and the purchasing process was smooth and a nice little confirmation e-mail.  I like it being easy to buy more stuff!  Of course I tried them right after a mid range run so although they looked super hot ;) I didn't notice any difference but they were comfortable.  After running 20 this weekend I almost forgot about them as they got kicked under my bed.  gah!  After coming home from lunch I crawled back into bed, put on the comfy pants, found pinky and pulled those bad boys on for the next few hours.  I noticed a difference in my lower legs immediately.  We were meeting friends for dinner and I was hoping to not look like a geriatric person who lost her walker.  By dinner I had substantially less foot and ankle aches and pain and absolutely no calf issues.  It was incredible as I was hurting at lunch time!  I'm a convert and may have to buy a little less conspicuous pair now :)

It snowed here yesterday but luckily  nothing stuck to the ground.  I hope to run an easy 5-6 before heading back to O'Hare.  Off to the great state of Texas this week to visit the doc's in San Antonio and Dallas.  It will be nice to have a short break from the cold and snow even if most of my time will be spent inside in research centers.

9 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Looks like we had the exact same recovery sock idea! Funny that you are thinking about buying a more conspicuous pair since I bought the grey pair and now I TOTALLY want to pink ones. We could work some kind of sock swap if feet weren't so icky. :o)

Anonymous said...

If I ever start running distance again I will definitely consider the socks. Good luck inTx.

J said...

Enjoy the nice weather in Texas! I have never tried the socks but that is so cool that they worked so well for you! I don't think they would really work for me right now since I only run like 2 miles a day with track! lol

ps. Love the new look, I forgot to mention it before!

Jess said...

Glad that socks helped you not look like a walker user lol!

Anonymous said...

I am really going to have to try these. Everyone is talking about them and eveyone has them! Glad they worked for you. I like the new layout.

maria khoury said...

i am so excited you are running cleveland too!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Jamie

Wow! Those are some pretty hot pink recovery socks the like of which I did not know existed. I have to admit that you just about have me convinced that I need a pair. Might not get the same color as you...

Hope all is well with your running and you get some nice weather in Texas.

BTW, thanks for being so supportive on my blog. It is greatly appreciated.

Aron said...

I just got some compression socks so I need to test them out after my 20 miler this weekend!!!

C said...

Yay for the recovery socks working but boo to the snow! Seriously, it's time for winter to give you guys a break. It's crazy.

Happy travels!