Thursday, April 9, 2009

Early 16

This week flew by.  They always go quicker when I travel. I made it home late last night after a lengthy delay in Dallas.  I'm really starting to hate that airport.  It may be on my top 5 worst airports.  Maybe it's just I can't stand American Airlines.  Anyways now that I'm home it's almost time to leave again.  My family was apparently missing me and my husband so my sister told me I was driving back to Ohio to visit this weekend.  I do what I'm told :)  that and it's my stepmom's birthday and my dad is cooking a huge meal for Easter.  

With all this travel I had to be creative with my running schedule again.  I knew I wouldn't find much time to run while in Ohio.  We really aren't there that long and this weekend is going to be a busy one.  16 was out of the question.  I was planning to run Friday morning before driving back.  Then I realized what a horrible idea that was for me.  I would be so uncomfortable for the 5 1/2 hour drive.  So the 16 got done this afternoon.  And for today's run I decided to take pics of my usual path.  It all started because I had to stop less than a mile in to use the now open bathroom facilities.  Then I decided to take a pic since Marcy is busy packing and hasn't had the time to take any of her typical bathroom shots!

I thought this bathroom would be a lot more gross.  Maybe since it was early in the season it hasn't had time to mature.

the north beach bridge about 4 1/4 into the run.  I hate this bridge. It's not so bad 4 miles into the run but on the way back - it SUCKS!  My quads burn and ankles scream every time I start the short climb.  Although I love running over lakeshore drive.  It is so much better than the tunnels that run under the drive.

the cool view from the top of the north beach bridge.  light traffic for rush hour!

the north beach boat where all the cool, sexy kids play every weekend in the summer.  I'm too old to hang here anymore but I pass all the pretty people every 4.5 miles into the run then again on the way back.  

just over 7 miles down and about to reach the downtown marina/yacht club  You don't even want to know what it costs to dock a boat here!  I have passed Navy Pier at this point and gone under a bridge for a half mile.  when you come out the lake is on the left but you don't see the city for another 1/2 mile.  Then you come around a curve to a cool view of downtown.  

On the way back. There is this random hill in the middle of the path.  i curse it nearly every time.

around mile 11 on the way back down by oak street beach.  I've just passed the beach at this point.  wouldn't it be nice to live in one of those condo's to the left!

the start and end of my run about 1/2 mile from my condo.

Happy Easter all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to fit in the 16! I always enjoy seeing others routes. Enjoy your trip back home.

J said...

Great job getting in a long run like that! Have a good weekend and enjoy the time with your family!

maria khoury said...

i love castaways at north avenue! it always makes me really depressed in the winter though, to see it covered in snow. great job squeezing in that 16 miler. hope you have a relaxing weekend!

tfh said...

Great 16 and photos! Have a great weekend in Ohio. :)

X-Country2 said...

Way to fit in those 16! I have 20 planned this weekend with the same travel dilema.

Love the photo diary. You certainly run along some cool places.

Aron said...

nice job on the 16!!! its so nice when you can get them squeezed in :) love the pics!

have a great trip!

Jess said...

Hahah love the bathroom pic! Nice job getting your 16 in before you had to leave!