Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Re-Arrangement

A lot of re-arranging the running schedule again this week.  Monday was a day trip to Rochester in which I woke at 4:15 to catch my 6:30 am flight.  I think I walked back in the door around 7 p.m.  Tuesday was much of the same except I was in Queens, NY and delayed 2 hours coming home.  By the time I arrived home the last 2 nights I was too exhausted and hungry to even think about going for a run or any sort of physical activity other than eating then sleeping Another travel day today to St. Louis.  I found time to get outside for an easy 7 before this afternoon's flight.  I feel so much better now.  It was a nice cool day for a run.  Barring any kind of delay tomorrow I should be home in the early afternoon so I hope to get a tempo run done.  I could say that I am going to wake up before my visit in the a.m. and get the run in but who am I kidding.  I love sleep and since I haven't had a lot of it lately I am going to take full advantage this evening/tomorrow morning.

These last 2 weeks any sort of cross-training and weights have fallen by the wayside.  When I barely have time to run these get cut first.  I hope to resume both once this week and a couple times through the end of this training.  

8 comments:

Aron said...

yikes you are BUSY!! way to squeeze some runs in!

J said...

Sounds like a tough schedule. At least you go one run in and hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a crazy travel schedule! Keep fitting things in when you can.

X-Country2 said...

Running after a long day of travel doesn't appeal to me much either.

The Laminator said...

Hey, Queens is my hometown...and Kara Goucher's too! I hope we virtually inspired you to do some running...

Jess said...

Man I have no idea how you keep up with your travel schedule!

RunToTheFinish said...

yup whe nyou have little time you have to decide what's most important that day..running always won for me personally

Marcy said...

Ohhhh Jamie! I hope things settle down for you. You sound so dang busy!