Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Brooks Running Apparel (I splurged!) and Review

Let the countdown begin... 19 days until Cleveland

This week I had the unfortunate pleasure of having to travel for work on Sunday.  I absolutely despise flying on Sunday for work seeing as the weekends are so short already and I'm really not a huge fan of my job. I ended up not arriving to the hotel until almost midnight so I scratched the waking up early Monday morning running plan and took another rest day.  My quads were still really sore from the 20 so I rationalized it was needed.  Although when I arrived home last night I had a nice little package waiting by the front door and my plans for rest nearly changed.

A week and half ago the online shopping bug hit big time.  I made a substantial purchase on brooksrunning.com of which nothing was on sale but everything I had to have.  Two tanks (one to support breast cancer research), a freaking cute shirt, another shirt just because, and shorts (I'm on the hunt for the perfect pair for me on long runs).  Once I unwrapped all my goodies faster than a kid on Christmas morning I nearly went for a run despite my exhaustion, hunger, and the pouring rain.  In the end the weather and my hunger won and I stayed home to inhale leftovers and watch Heroes.  Never one to deny myself too long I had to try out the new shorts (it was too cold for any of the tops) on my easy, peasy 4 miles this afternoon.

First thing I noticed when I opened the package - there's no drawstring!  Weird, because the picture of the pacer short has a drawstring.  Whatever.  According to the description this is an updated "creep-proof" short.  I could use a lot less creep in my shorts.  No seriously we all hate picking the shorts out every few minutes on the run.  And with my larger than life thighs this is a little too common with running shorts.  The shorts are incredibly comfortable and stretchy. No pulling on my hips or hugging my thighs.  That's a plus in my book...  They worked well enough on the run.  The right leg started as a creeper shortly into the run but then I didn't it stopped and behaved after the first mile.   I'll try them out on different length runs but I don't see them being my new long run shorts which was my hope and desire in the initial purchase. Now I need the warmer temps back to try out the other purchases!

9 comments:

MCM Mama said...

The shirts are cute, but I'd never be able to keep those shorts out of my crotch. Sorry they didn't work as well as you'd hoped!

J said...

I have been looking for a pair of shorts for my runs that dont creep! I really want a pair of bright orange nike ones!! New running stuff is so much fun!

Melanie said...

i have such a hard time with shorts because of the creeping and thunderous thighs too. I've stuck with running skirts so far, but great review! Love shopping! :)

D10 said...

It is so exciting getting new running gear! Glad all purchases are working out. I hate shorts that ride, so annoying.

kristen said...

I just bought these and I love them more and more everyday. Disclaimer: I hanv't run in them for more than 5 miles, but I love them and hopefully will wear them this weekend on a 9 miler, weather permitting. I bought two and am so glad I did. Flattering and don't ride up. Plus the waist has three slots for gels which I didn't discover until the 3rd or 4th time I wore them which only made me love them even more. PLUS, ther is a little zipper on the side which I use for my key.

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Product.aspx?top=1622&prod=3283&cat=1673&viewAll=True

I have never worn this brand for running before, but I highly recommend them.

maria k said...

yay new running clothes! cleveland better be shorts and t shirt/tank top weather, or else.

Marcy said...

LOL I love that run happy one! That's too cute! ;D ;D

runner26 said...

sounds like some great threads!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,