Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday what?

Two weeks from now I will be sitting on a beach in Maui with a drink in hand. Yeah, I.can't.wait! It hasn't really sunk in that I will be in paradise in less than 2 weeks and on my first *real vacation since our honeymoon over 2 years ago (picture to the left our last trip). Maui has definitely been on the list of want to go especially before kids and now we are finally going! Our travel wants is long and includes some "never going to happen unless I somehow win the lottery" type destinations and a lot of them include a beach. One day maybe the Maldives, Seychelles, Tahiti, Italy, so on and so forth, trip may happen until then I'm enjoying where I can go.

If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go and who would be your travel companion(s)?

*I consider real vacations one that last more than a long weekend. We tend to take a lot of 4 day trips.

12 comments:

Marlene said...

NIIIIIIIIIIIICE! The countdown is on! We are heading to Sandals Antigua in January and I am already counting down the days. :)

Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete said...

Oh how simply amazing! Marlene's vacay sounds amazing, as well!

My dream vacation: Tibet or Thailand, believe it or not. Solo, or with a few friends that I have in mind...either way, I'd love to go to both places.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Have fun! It sounds like an absolute blast to get away and relax. I love to travel, I mean, on vacations.

ajh said...

Yeah my Nantucket trip is four days! Beats not going though. If I could go anywhere Ireland and Alaska are at the top of my list.

kilax said...

Yay! Maui! I am so excited for you! I am going to live your vacation vicariously through you :)

I would love to go somewhere tropical again (we went to Aruba for our honeymoon) with my husband, or make a trip to run a race with my girlfriend, Erin.

Jess said...

Whooo that's so soon! Enjoy your vacation!!!

carpeviam said...

Good for you! Seems everyone is going to Maui lately...I'm only slightly jealous.

C said...

I so envy you. I've never been to the Pacific.

I want to go too many places so I won't bother listing them. However Fiji is near the top. Again, I envy you.

Gabrielle @ Weightless said...

Soooo jealous! I am going to Vegas in December, which should be super fun, but I have been itching for a tropical beach vacation something fierce. Take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through your trip! ;)

RunToTheFinish said...

suhhhweeet!! you so deserve some down time together! plus running there should be amazing!

J said...

So jealous!! We haven't even decided where we are going on a honeymoon yet but I can't wait for that cause it will be some place nice and warm!

runner26 said...

sounds great!! enjoy!