Monday, October 25, 2010

1 week of craziness

Why is the week before vacation the worst work week? I have 2 work trips (not for my study by the way) a day trip to Vegas booked only 4 days ago and an overnight to Shreveport, Louisiana. The travel time is the worst time suck of this week but I also need to fit in all the other work "stuff" that would normally be put off when traveling because I won't be in the office for 2 weeks. I know it will be all worth it in a week but getting there can be a bit difficult.
This week will also be a bit trying in fitting in the workouts once again with the travel Tuesday - Thursday. Luckily I was home today so I was able to take a much needed break for a mid distance run. Since I left a bit late and I was on the edge of hunger I cut the original 8 miles plan to 7 miles mid run. On the back portion of the out and back run I started thinking about some issues and my leg turnover quickened. When I finally looked at my watch I was maintaining a sub-9 minute pace comfortably. Whoa! Guess I was a little burned up about all those issues ;) I dialed it back but still finished with a very nice negative split. Then I came home and couldn't heat up leftovers fast enough!

6 comments:

Tiffany @ The Chi-Athlete said...

Lol, oy! I hope everything gets squared away and you have a less-stress week!

ajh said...

I'm going to have trouble next week fitting in workouts between traveling and the dark when I am here. Late nights at work aren't great for biking. I guess I need to get a light.

Jenn said...

Busy busy! Way to negative split-issues have a way of making those legs go! I plan all my fights with my preteen daughter right before my runs..lol! Hope you enjoyed those leftovers!

Angela said...

Wow, I hope you get everything taken care of so you can enjoy your 2 week vacation.

Marlene said...

Glad you were able to sneak out for a run! Sounds like it was just what you needed.

Good luck with the travel and last minute work stuff... just think, you will be on the beach in NO TIME!

Karyn said...

I always hate the week before vacation... it is the worst! Hope it goes quickly and you will be on the beach in no time.