Friday, October 29, 2010

foto friday

First, please ignore the no make-up/dark circles/crazy hair pre-run look.

This is the obnoxious yellow shirt half marathoners received at the Akron marathon/half marathon in September. I'm not really sure you get the full effect from this picture but I think it is safe to say I stood out on my 8 mile run tonight. Safety first :)

Of course the full marathoners received normal red and blue Brooks running jackets and a finishers t-shirt which was a non-ridiculously bright color. The relay runners received grey shirts. This is happened several times where all the other distances get normal color shirts. Not sure why the races I sign up for always have the crazy color of the event?!?

12 comments:

ajh said...

Brooks running jackets? What a great thing to get! Is this common? Your shirt would be great for biking!

Julie (ROJ) said...

I actually kinda liked this shirt when I saw it at the Expo. I wasn't signed up for the race though. I dunno something loud and crazy, why not be fun?

The Laminator said...

Me thinks the fluorescent yellow may come in handy now that it's getting dark early! I personally think you look stylin' :)

Allie said...

I absolutely *swear* that thing glows in the dark... it's so crazy seeing so many people in Akron running in them! I'll be wearing mine on my 20 miler tomorrow...

Angela said...

I like it. It's bright and you for sure know that people can see you coming.

Teamarcia said...

Call me obnoxious but I kinda like the yellow. brooks jackets really? I may need to sign up....but Akron's a hilly mother isn't it?

Scarlett Elliewood said...

I've been rocking the bright yellow too! Now that it gets dark early it's all about safety, fashion will have to wait for spring :))

Johann said...

I often wear bright yellow on trail runs in the mountains. Easy for my family to spot me and if needed a rescue party. Hope that's never needed!

Marlene said...

It looks good on you, if that's any consolation! I kind of like obnoxiously bright colors for race shirts. :)

Jill said...

I have a couple of those crazy colored shirts, too...wth!!?? When I did Big Sur Marahton two years ago, the marathoners got the ugly red shirts (me!!) whereas the others got all the pretty ones. And you are just cute as a button!!! :)

J said...

I look exactly the same in the mornings before my runs! Love the shirt although it is bright!

Jeri said...

I've been looking for a shirt in this color. So obnoxiously AWESOME. :) I seriously love it.