Monday, October 18, 2010

"joys" of flying

I've had some pretty bad flight experiences; everything from babies screaming the entire flight, kids throwing up in their puke bag right next to me, very large men who should have bought 2 seats spilling into mine and taking up my very limited personal space (for 4 hours). I could go on but I try not to focus on it too much because it will happen again! Tonight's flight to Wichita was up there on the "bad list". An older woman was traveling with her itty, bitty, cute little teacup size dog and sitting right behind me. Yeah, you know where this is going... Nearly the entire 2 hour flight the dog barked loudly and she did nothing to quiet it down. Oh my splitting head! I understand about loving your pets and wanting to take them with you everywhere you go but sometimes there needs to be a line. Train your dog not to bark or to be comfortable in their carrier before subjecting everyone on the flight to the incessant yapping.

okay rant over :)

On a separate note congratulations to all you Boston marathon qualifiers who actually got in and registered in the 8 hour window! A huge congrats to my friend Mr. H, who ran with me in Cleveland this year. He ran Columbus on Sunday in 3:15 and thought he hadn't qualified because he is 34. However by April he will be a year older and provided 5 extra minutes which count for registration now. Yea! Congrats to my friend for qualifying for the first time (and the huge PR on Sunday!) AND congrats to all of you who qualified!

7 comments:

kilax said...

That dog would make me crazy! Ugh. They should make little individual capsules (wrong word?) for flights so everyone can be on their own. ;)

Congrats to Mr. H! Can you believe Boston closed out so fast? Do you want to try to run it some day?

Marlene said...

What? Pets are allowed in the cabin?! I had no idea and I really think that's ridiculous!

Big congrats to your friend who qualified without even realizing it! YAY!

Jill said...

I would have been going nuts on that place. I hate to fly anyway - ick!! So cool about your friend BQing - and that he got in!! I decided not to do it, so didn't register, but I know many who got shut out :(.

Tara said...

Now, I love dogs, I really do, but I would have had to choke that little bugger!!!

Congrats to your friend! :)

Jess said...

I had no idea dogs were even allowed in the "people" part of the plane. Goodness that was probably annoying as hell. I would have totally told her to shut the dog up.

chris said...

Thanks Jamie. Im uber excited for Boston. I really can't believe Im doing it. I hope you and Jacob get to come watch. You are part of the reason I'm there!

chris said...

Thanks Jamie! I can't believe I'm running Boston. I do hope you and Jacob can come watch. You are part of the reason I am there. and GOOD LUCK on the Goofy challenge. A part of me says you are GOOFY. Another part of me says HELL YEAH. You go girl!!!