Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Your feet are so gross"

That's why J told me this afternoon. I have to agree, they are nasty. They were doing okay those first few months of training and then I had to go and up the mileage and thats when they took a turn for worse. But if the worst thing that happens is that I lose a couple toenails and have some huge blisters then I can handle that. As long as I can stay feet injury free come October I'll take the gross feet. Plus, even before running I really don't think my feet were that pretty - I inherited my father's feet and boy's feet on a girl never looked very good.

Today was another 5 miler this time outside. Yea outside! And what a great day in Chicago for running. There was absolutely no humidity and it was in the low 70's. And even with the beautful weather there weren't a lot of people on the lakefront. The run itself felt great. J ran with me for the first 1.5 miles and then turned back so I went out slow with him for the first 15 minutes. Then I picked up the pace slightly to finish in 45 1/2 minutes even with a slight headwind on the 2.5 miles back home. Now we are going to grill some cod, steam some veggies, "cook" couscous, and have ourselves a nice dinner in tonight.






No comments: