Saturday, August 25, 2007

Here's to not stopping...


Although I may have been excited yesterday to run outside for the first time all week my body was not too happy with me. First, it was a struggle to get out of bed this morning. Who knows why, just one of those mornings I guess. I kept hitting the snooze and finally at 8:30 am I rolled out of bed grudgingly. I went to bed early enough (11pm) and ate a good dinner (shrimp pasta and a salad - I'm not usually this good) last night yet my body just wasn't feeling the 13 miler today. I kept myself entertained the first hour by inspecting all the storm damage along the lakefront; it was crazy! Trees split or uprooted, fences taken down by wind and trees. My left hip starting screaming around mile 8.5 at which the same time I felt my enormous blister (that appeared out of nowhere on Weds) on the inside of my right big toe swell in size and pain. It's pretty gross. I have never had a more disgusting blister. I have lost toenails and had blood blisters and never been this grossed out! Those last 4.5 miles were excruciating. But I didn't stop. I went much slower than last weekend but I guess you have to take the good running days with the bad running days. Here's hoping next week's long run is a good running day!

On the upside I realized I really needed new kicks. J (my boyfriend) gave me grief over the cost. But hey, if they feel right then they are right for me! I had foot surgery about 9years ago and cheap running shoes have been my enemy since. J says he is going to switch my shoes with some $30 pair and see if I notice. I told him to start running 40 miles a week in cheap shoes and not complain and then he could give me grief. I got the shoes.
That's my kitten Maggie checking out my new shoes...