Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Early Morning

Oh that alarm went off so early this morning... I am not nor will I ever be an early morning riser. My best work is done in the afternoon/early evening. However, in order to fit in my training run I couldn't wait till then as I have yet another flight this evening. I woke up at 6am eastern, mind you I am used to central time so my body felt like it was 5 am. Of course I had to be up early so I couldn't fall asleep last night. Isn't that how it always works?!? There were no other early risers in the Hampton Inn so I had the treadmill/exercise room to myself. I caught up on all the world happenings after watching CNN for 45 minutes. Side note, does anyone really think Republican Senator Larry Craig is telling the truth. I mean the man agreed he was guilty of the misdemeanor and now several months later in lieu of re-election he is going to say he wasn't...seriously does he think people are really that dumb?

The run itself went okay; it took about 1 1/2 miles for me to wake up and realize what I was actually doing but after that it was smooth sailing with the exception of my pesky blister pain. I probably could have kept going had I been outside but I had places to be, work to do - have to earn that paycheck this week! By the way new shoes are fantastic! I love Asics! I have been wearing them for several years and they have never disappointed. Now I just need to dirty them up so they aren't so glaringly white. A few runs along the lakefront should take care of that, especially after all the rain we have been having in Chicago. I have got to say I love that 5 miles seems like a breeze most days. I remember not to long ago I would struggle to make it through a 5k.

1 comment:

Greg On the Run said...

Saw your blog on Complete Runnng Network.

I don't travel that often for work but got back from a 3-week trip easlier this month. Didn't have a lot of time to run while I was in Uganda because there wasn't enough daylight. Plenty of daylight while I was in England but there wasn't a place for me to run safely. The last day I was there, I started out on the treadmill but then decided to head outside even thought I didn't know where the heck I was. 60 degrees out and it was great!

Next week I'm off to Las Vegas. I guess I'll need to get up VERY early to get that workout in without dying from the heat.