Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Click - All Better

Monday ended up being a rainy, cold, dreary, kind of day where all you want to do is lay in bed. Unfortunately since I still need a paycheck I worked.  I was supposed to have an easy run.  Instead of going out in the crappy weather I bitched and moaned about going to the gym instead.  My husband made me go which ended up being really good.  I was able to lift for the first time in weeks (my tri's are killing today!) and had a nice cross-training session.  

Tuesday rolled around and although there ended up not being much rain it was still cold and overcast.  It took me until nearly 5:00 to find any desire to change and head outside but I did. It ended up being a fantastic 7 miles.  It was supposed to be on the easy side and I didn't feel like I was pushing it but I ended up with a 9:25 min/mile average!  I kept trying to slow myself down but it actually was more uncomfortable to run slower.  Amazing how I can feel like junk and think it's going to be a "bad" running day and then something clicks and it all falls into an amazing place.   Days like today are reminders of why I'm putting myself through marathon training (only 34 days!)

Once hubbie returned home from the grocery store I whipped up a minestrone/veggie soup and we had ourselves a tasty and healthy dinner!  I ruined it with a Southport Grocery vanilla cupcake for dessert ;)  If you have any idea what I'm talking about you know it's a little piece of heaven in every bite.  I shared with the hubbie - everything in moderation!  

6 comments:

Aron said...

those click runs are the best!!!

C said...

With all that dithering and then having a great run, we could be sisters. And I totally would have eaten the whole cupcake myself. Moderation be damned. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweets always get me too. Thirty four days will be her before you know it.

The Laminator said...

I love hearing about crappy-turn-awesome runs. They so make my day. Congrats!

J said...

I had one of those runs yesterday too, I thought my practice session was going to be horrible but it ended up going well! Great job!

Marcy said...

Ahhh aren't those runs the best? I wish I had more of them HAHA!