Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Chicago Theatre Presents


Kathy Griffin - My life on the D list star. Love her! She rips on all celebrities equally yet strives to be one, freaking hilarious. Saturday night me, Beth, and Shea had a girls night to take in her stand-up show. Kathy did her stand-up for a little over 1 1/2 hours and it was awesome. Absolutely great Saturday night. Plus a great girls night.

If any of you out of towners ever get a chance to come to Chicago and see any type a show at the Chicago Theatre definitely jump on the chance. The theatre is gorgeous! And there's not a bad seat (I know I have been all over the upper balcony). I love going to shows there.

I ran again tonight! Around 7 miles. And it felt amazing. Tonight was my go out and just run in hopes to remember why I love to run. I have been too focused on not running and not being able to follow a schedule and it was stressing me out. I needed to go out and enjoy the act of running. It took me a long time to convince myself to actually move away from the computer and change then I remembered the Nike shirt that says something like - the time spent thinking about running you could already be done running. The inspiration has to come from somewhere and today it was a t-shirt. Whatever it takes...

And on a final note - Congratulations to everyone who had races today and finished! I'm so proud of all of you and very excited to read all the race reports.

3 comments:

My Life said...

Ohhh... I love Kathy Griffin! What a fun girls' night you had! (&yay for 7 miles!)

Nancy said...

For sure, take the inspiration wherever you can get it. I love that Nike stuff.

I got a shirt at the Expo from the RunLikeAGirl people. Really fun, long sleeve, black, technical and says iRunLikeAGirl. I can't wait to wear it on a run. See, even new clothes can inspire. :D

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you like my reports. This whole thing is so good for me, to not be very good at it, but to keep a positive attitude and keep successes in perspective. I swear it is making me a better person. :D

Marcy said...

OMG I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE Kathy Griffin!! She is So HEE-LARIOUS!!! I'm jealous!