Saturday, February 14, 2009

V-Day 14

Happy Valentines Day! To start my v-day off I ran a freezing 14 miles along the lakefront. It's the longest I have run in over a year! Last week I was warm in my shorts and long sleeve tee, this week I was in full winter running gear and there was a snow dusting on the ground from last night. The first 7 were good, the sun was sort of out, and I was comfortable in the 30 degrees. The 7 on the turnaround were a challenge. The wind coming off Lake Michigan made me want to stop, cry and call my husband to pick my sorry butt up. But I didn't - yay for small victories. I seriously thought I had lost my chin at one point there was no feeling. Once I reached the point of 3 miles remaining I was a bit further from the lake so the wind subsided slightly and I was able to pick my pace back up to where it should be. Although now everything hurts and even after a steaming hot shower and piling blankets on while sitting next to my space heater I'm still cold to the bone. Hopefully I warm up in time for dinner tonight :)

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice job on the run. Boy I don't miss the cold days on the lakefront!

J said...

Wow 14 miles! Great job! I hate the wind too!

Marci said...

Great job on your 14 miler!

aron said...

great job on a COLD run!!! BRRRR

Marcy said...

Look at you kicking some long run butt! Very nice Jamie!

audgepodge said...

Wow - great job on your 14 mile run in that chilly Chicago weather! I was freezing over here so I can't imagine what it was like for you.

And yes, I totally agree, Chelsea Handler is hilarious!

The Laminator said...

Wow...it sounds like you're in mid-season training form. Question is...have you decided what you're training for?

X-Country2 said...

Nice job on the chilly run! A hot shower very well deserved.

rodney said...

Totally freakin' awesome.

Xenia said...

Dang, that's hardcore, lady. Go you!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,