Thursday, February 26, 2009

No Drama

There's not much going on in my life right now. But as I told my friend the other day being a little boring and drama free is good. Drama is draining. Really the biggest drama in my life right now... Well there's 2. I know they don't really qualify as drama but it's really the most exciting thing happening to me. When once you read about them you may be extremely bored with me :)

Drama #1 - I'm turning 30 in 10 freaking days. Okay no more talking about that.
Drama #2 - I have the nastiest blister on the inside of my left big toe. It started as this tiny little bugger on Monday and has been growing in size, pain, and annoyance ever since. I would post a picture a la other bloggers but I am too lazy to go get the camera go to the other computer to do all this. Plus I want to spare you the grossness that I'm sure you have all experienced before. It's not that I have never had a painful blister but never in this spot and never one that I haven't been able to pop on my own (ewwww I know).

Other than that I have been lazy with work and not many are noticing this week. Always a bonus. I've also stuck to the running schedule this week more or less. I complain about schedules but I like them otherwise I wouldn't get anything done. Monday's run needed to be cut by a mile thanks to some awesome shin pain that made my lower legs feel like iron casts. Yesterday's tempo was tough but that's why we do them and today was a nice recovery run.

9 comments:

audgepodge said...

So I know I'm not supposed to talk about it but do you have fun plans for your 30th? My friends and I rented a bus (the fancy kind with fabric seats - I call them ski busses b/c they're the kind of busses we used to take on school ski trips) and we did a bar crawl all over SF. It was a super fun blast so I didn't mourn my 30th at all :)

(Although I can see why you'd want to ignore it as well - haha)

maria khoury said...

turning 30 sounds way better than that blister!
and i'm really hoping the weather reports are wrong and it stays at least in the 30s this weekend...lets keep our fingers crossed.

The Laminator said...

If you have a painful blister...it's good to soak it a bit in some water with epsom salt for a few days. It helps with the inflammation process and might make the blister easier to pop or go away completely.

Either way, both your points count as drama. So no, your life is not that boring!

Happy early birthday, Jamie!

Jess said...

Sounds like life is pretty much just cruising along for you right now, which is such a great place to be! Hope that blister goes away soon!

tfh said...

Yes, I'd prefer boredom to drama any day, and lest I forget it, life throws me some drama to make me remember... Hope that blister pops itself without too much pain soon! Ouch.

Anonymous said...

Turning 30 isn't so bad. I turned 30 in July and not much is different!

Nikemom said...

Enjoy the lazy time! I totally understand and 30...well I'm way past that, but enjoy that too!

RunToTheFinish said...

I dont' think 30 is so bad...really it's the new 20. Plus you're more self assured than in your early twenties...good stuff I say, but hell I'm not 30 yet.

Aron said...

yay for birthdays :)