Sunday, March 9, 2008

Not Quite 30

With yesterday being the big 2-9 I didn't do much in the way of running. For my birthday I treated myself to junk food and doing nothing. Normally I celebrate a birthday week but I decided to scale back a bit this year ;) For breakfast I treated myself to an Einstein bagel with not peanut butter but yes...cream cheese. Delish! I have been craving one for weeks. And I normally don't eat bagels so that was a weird craving for me to have. At Einsteins' there were a group of runners meeting after their morning freezing snow covered run. I have to say I was a bit envious of their gusto on getting out there and running in the nasty stuff. Later last night Jacob took me to Buca de Bepo, family style Italian at its best. I know this is a chain restaurant and I have many delicious and different restaurants to choose from in our huge city but buca is so yummy! He surprised me and had 4 of my friends meet us there and of course there was too much wine and food. But if you can't do that on your day then when can you?!? So needless to say I didn't get much of anything done today either. So lazy. And so not happy this weekend also brought the spring forward junk. I hate losing an hour and I think this whole changing our clocks twice a year is whack.

Oh and after weeks of calling around Jacob's dad was able to find a Wii this morning! I was all sad yesterday when Jacob told me he had been trying to find one with no luck in the city of Chicago, central IL, AND northern Ohio. But then today Best Buy was advertising them, Jerry went to ask, they got a shipment of 50 instead of 30 and there were 8 left. Wahoo!!! It is going to be in my hot little hands before the end of this week. I am soooooo excited. Can not wait to bowl and play tennis to my hearts content.

6 comments:

Andria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like it was a nice evening. Enjoy the Wii. So, yes, come do Tulsa with me and my brother. It'll be his first and my second whole... we'd have tons of fun!

Marcy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Ahhhh Buca. We haven't been there in ages but I dig it as well. Love me some Italian.

Now go kick the man's butt in Wii! :P The men, they never stand a chance LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! And enjoy the wii.

Nancy said...

Ahhh, happy bday and welcome to the world of Wii. You are gonna love it there. We love making little Mii's. Have a great time with it and be careful. I have been known to be playing tennis from a recliner (with one child on my knee). I also happened to have a nice glass of wine. I had a great forehand opportunity and sliced the top of the wine glass right off! Yikes.

The Laminator said...

Happy Birthday, Jamie. I'm glad to hear you had a fun day on your special day. And I agree, bowling on the Wii is to die for. Still haven't mastered the tennis yet though...

Bill Carter said...

Hi Jamie

I can't even remember the big 29... I sure hope I had a good time. My wife and I still do the whole birthday week thing and that makes it so much more fun. Jacob sounds like a really great person and I think it is really cool that he included your friends. My wife just had her 40th and I surprised her by inviting 10 of her best firends to PF Chang's..also a chain, but one of our favorites.

Have fun with the Wii.