Friday, March 28, 2008

Getting it Done

I haven't necessarily been the dedicated runner over weekends. Things keep coming up and this weekend was going to be no exception. Yet another bridal shower for a different friend this time. I know it may seem like I have a lot of friends. It just so happens that my two closest friends (and pretty much only friends in Chicago) are getting married the same month. So in my case it means busy weekends and a little need for some pre-planning which I am not too good doing. I knew not much was getting done tomorrow since the dang shower is a brunch and starts earlier and goes until mid-afternoon. Long day and I would be tired later. Instead I got my mid/long run done tonight. It's a mid distance run to others but the longest run I have done in awhile. 7 miles! In the cold. Yeah I was wearing shorts two days ago to run and today dressed in running tights, warm running turtleneck, gloves, and a hat. Spring where are you? I know I keep asking but all I am feeling is this cold, crappy weather. Maybe next week. After the Cubs home opener. Because if you are a true Cubs fan you know that there is never a warm home opener.

This week also brought about my last week of freedom from traveling for work. It was a blissful month of not having to go to the airport, hang out in an airport, get lost going to my hotel, so on and so forth. But as of April 1st I am traveling again. At to kick it all off a freaking 8 day meeting. It is going to suck. These kick off meetings are long. Think 7 am - 10 pm at night with approximately a 1 hour break. I may be going to Florida but I don't actually get to enjoy Florida. It could be in South Dakota for all I care. We sit in a conference room, have breakfast and lunch in a different conference room and are transported on a huge bus to a long dragged out dinner to schmooze. I despise schmoozing. I have no reason to schmooze. But before I leave on my last day of freedom I am going to bar to enjoy the home opener. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Marcy said...

I hear you with the weather! I was sweating my butt off just 2 days ago and yesterday? It went back to snow. WTF?!?! Urrggghhhhh

Nancy said...

I know too well the long long days of travel, I especially hate when they think we would want to have a fancy 5 course meal together after being together all day. Please, give me a free night. Hang in there. Glad you got the 7 in.

Ben G said...

How about Fukudome today!!! I hate we lost but it was a great game. I could only imagine what it was like being there.