Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last Trip (maybe)

Getting ready to leave on what potentially might be the last business trip of this year! I'm not going to get too excited yet because things (such as my manager's prerogative or study time lines) could always change. But as of Weds, Nov 28th at 6:15 I officially have nothing else on the calendar in the way of work travel. wahoo! But my running schedule is all messed up this week because of this short trip. I'm trying not to get too stressed about everything being all mixed up/fitting everything in for the week. Just before lunch today I was able to get in the "easy" 7 miles I had on the schedule. They didn't feel so easy but I maintained a decent pace. I wasn't really looking at the watch too much...just didn't have the energy to lift my arm to look at it. It was one of those runs that I just wasn't really feeling it but I wanted to get it done. It lacked all excitement and enjoyment. Lately that has been happening. I am sure it is both a combination of general burnout from this long training schedule and my poor food choices. I am trying to get back on track with the food this week - I even packed my own dinner to take on the plane (okay there maybe a cookie in with the apple and turkey sandwich). Hopefully that will make the difference in a couple of weeks...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, I SO hope you are done for a while. That would be awesome for December.

MY BAG JUST ARRIVED!! Wahoo. Can't wait to run.

You are so good about running while traveling. And great job on the loooong training schedule.

Take care and be safe on the trip.

Bill Carter said...

I still can't imagine how you do it all with the travelling thing. hope they never decide to do that to optometrists or I'm outta luck. I'm wondering if you aren't just a little burned out on the running. Dont worry though.. it only takes one great run for everything to be right with the world again. Hang in there and get that trip done.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on getting it done. Hope you have a restful rest of the year.