Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy to Finally be Home

Hope everyone is full on turkey and pumpkin pie! I know I am. In fact I just polished off leftover turkey sandwich - yummy.

This seemed like the longest weekend EVER. I seriously thought it was never going to end. It is hard going away for every holiday. I couldn't get a minute to myself to decompress. Family is great but it wasn't mine (at the boyfriends house all 4 days) and I need some downtime. All I wanted to do was come home and sleep in my own bed and not have to do anything. So I am very happy to be home now. Running according to the schedule became a challenge this long weekend too. There was always something else to be doing, someone to see, somewhere to go.

Turkey day I was able to get out for a 6 mile run before the food eating competition began. I felt so much better sitting down to the huge spread knowing I burned some calories already. I had planned to run between 16-18 on Saturday but what do ya know but the boy's parents had a night out for a big steak dinner planned on Friday (yeah and I rarely eat steak and we had just had a steak dinner the previous weekend). Seriously two huge meals in two days not my idea of fun and I like to eat. So needless to say halfway through dinner Friday I nixed plans on running Saturday. Instead I helped rake all the leaves in the yard as Jacob's dad messed up his back and couldn't do it himself. Got home today around 3 pm and headed out for that long run. Thought I would be a mess after taking 2 rest days but I wasn't! It was a good run. Freaking cold with some snow, sleet, rain mixed in. The rain/snow mix felt like tiny pinpricks on my face for over 6 miles and my cheeks felt like I just had two shots of Novocain that hadn't worn off yet. My legs felt strong and I was able to maintain a 9:30 min/mile pace for all 16 miles. I was feeling very guilty about resting for 2 straight days and there only being 2 weeks left before the race. However, during the run I realized I needed the rest and didn't even know it. So that unplanned rest worked in my favor this time.

6 comments:

Non-Runner Nancy said...

I know what you mean about needing some downtime. I've had nothing but people for 4 days. They finally left around 1pm. My mother in law had the kids for awhile and I just laid around and vegged while I did laundry. It was seriously heaven. Great work on still getting the long run in later. You rock!!

Marcy said...

Ohhhhh girl I HEAR YA!!!! It so funny you say this because John said to me on Thanksgiving morning "God this is like a day of work" and it IS! As much as we love our family it can be exhausting after about the 75328947289 hour of being with them :-X

You're so funny! Even when I'm "all better" I'm pretty sure we run the same pace! You silly!!

Amanda said...

Agreed, I love family...but I sort of like it in small doses because I really like my alone time too...even if alone time is with D it's not the same as being with a whole houseful of people.

On the rest it's a strange lesson to learn, but sometimes the body needs it before we even know it.

The Laminator said...

I hear ya. Family time need to be short and sweat, like chocolate...Too much of a good thing and it's not so good anymore.

Anyway, make sure you cover up your cheeks out in the cold. You lose a lot of heat in your face because there are more blood vessels there per square inch than anywhere else in the body...my 2 cents.

Looking great for your marathon in 2 weeks. You should feel confident and proud.

bill carter said...

Glad you had a nice "family" weekend because that is what Thanksgiving is all about.. but I want to talk about that 16 miler. Awesome run and a nice pace as well. It is a really weird thing, but some of our best runs happen in those less than ideal conditions. I also agree that the little bit of rest over the weekend probably made a difference as well. Dallas is coming up fast and best of luck.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,