Last night I had a great run. I was ecstatic when I got home. Jacob (the sort of runner) didn't really get it. Yesterday was cold, like high of 37 degrees cold. I didn't get out for the run into 4:30 so it was dark and cold. No way was I taking the 7 miles easy. I didn't want to be in the cold any longer than I had to be. I upped the effort to where I pushed myself but knew I could still maintain the pace. Even with my stupid water bottle belt that wouldn't stay put I completed the run in under 63 minutes. That's averaging less than a 9 minute mile for 7 miles. That's awesome for me. I haven't done that since, well, it's been a long time. Even when I felt like I had slowed down I continued to run the same or faster miles.
And about my travel schedule. I do travel a lot. I can't do my job of reviewing data unless I am actually at the doctors office, hospital, clinic, etc where the subjects (patients) are seen. I have been doing this for 6 years on Dec 3rd (crazy). Over the years I learned how to make the workout fit in the schedule or otherwise I would become the chunky monkey I once was not too long ago. Sometimes it doesn't happen b/c seriously I hate waking up early or I'm just too tired from traveling for 89348730 hours. And eating is the most difficult because you eat out all three meals and there aren't that many healthy options. A girl can only eat Subway so many times for lunch over 6 years. I just try to eat less of whatever sounds good on the menu. And sometimes I don't so then I run/elliptical/bike/sit-up/push-up extra longer. It's a constant battle. And I've gained weight since I first started. At least it's nothing compared to what I used to be. I am looking forward to the day I am going to be home 90% of the time rather than the road 90% of the time.
Alright I was tagged a couple days ago by Amanda. Ever since I have been thinking about 5 random things about me...so here we go.
1) I am named after a Canadian waitress. My parents traveled to Niagara Falls while my mother was pregnant with me and had a waitress they liked named Jamie at some random restaurant. I was the only girl Jamie growing up. Plus that show Small Wonder (where the sister was a robot) the brother's name was Jamie. So I thought I had a boy's name and I hated it. I don't mind so much now :)
2) I auditioned for a Nike girls basketball commercial when I was a freshman in college. I got called back but my bad foot (I broke a bone in my foot that was later removed) prevented me from getting the part. I felt bad about it (definitely could have used the money!) until I saw the commercial and realized it sucked. There was supposed to be a series of commercials it didn't get past 2.
3) I love going to the movies. I'll see nearly anything once and I save all my ticket stubs. One day I'll do something crafty with them or pay someone who is crafty to figure it out.
4) I have an obsession with not smelling; therefore I have 6 different deodorants in the bathroom. Plus, I have one in my work bag and one in the car glove compartment. You just never know...
5) I have the mouth of a trucker. I love to curse. I know it's not lady-like but sometimes it is completely necessary.