Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Weds Update

Yesterday I had planned to go to the gym after work even though I would be getting home late. My exhaustion and laziness kicked in and I played guitar hero instead. Then I figured that probably wasn't the best cross-training and picked up the hand weights for about 20 minutes. Eh, it was something I guess. A run is on the schedule tonight but honestly after making the 2 1/2 hour drive home I'm not sure how it will feel. Maybe Friday will be a good day to run ;)

My stepmom is having her mastectomy/reconstruction surgery today. I just received a call from my sister saying the doctor came out to inform my dad that they tested the lymph nodes and the cancer has spread. My stepmom isn't aware yet as she still has another 9-10 hours left in surgery. After surgery she will need to start chemotherapy. Not really the news anyone wants to hear.

7 comments:

C said...

So sorry to hear about your stepmom. Sending good thoughts your way.

Marcy said...

(((HUGS)) I'm sorry to hear about your stepmom :-(

Jess said...

So sorry to hear about your stepmom...I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

J said...

I am so sorry about your stepmom. Ill you and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you and your stepmom. I hope the rest of the surgery went smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your stepmom. Best wishes to your stepmom and family.

Laura said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your stepmom as well... I'll keep her in my thoughts.