Saturday, December 1, 2007

The weather outside is frightful

and a warm shower is so delightful. I know that's not how it goes but seriously I am very happy I woke up semi-early to run for 2 hours and make it my toasty home before a snowflake hit the ground. It was a cold run but at least there was no precipitation. Now 1 hour post run and there are many snowflakes on the ground. And that's how I'll end the long training runs...on a good note. yeah long training runs are done for now!

alright off to enjoy lunch and clean the house. for those of you in the northern part try and enjoy the winter wonderland. well until it becomes nasty freezing rain and high winds. yuck. december is starting off with a bang this year.

4 comments:

Bill Carter said...

Honestly, there are not many better feelings than a really hot shower after a long run on a cold day. I also feel like it really jump starts my day to get that run done early and have the rest of the day to play (or lay around and recover). It is snowing here in Michigan as well, but I love the December snow... it is the February stuff I get tired of.

zanne said...

ahh ... wish i had your zero precipitation run this morning! although i'd always rather have snow than the rain i had for 2+ hours.

either way - snow or rain, nothing beats that hot shower after a long, cold run!

Marcy said...

I hear ya chica! Tonight we're supposed tyo get an icy mix. Not good. Not good at all.

BTW did you see the article on dreams in the current RW yet? I glimpsed at it really quick and thought of you.

Nancy said...

Yeah, the season is starting with quite a bang, isn't it? Way to get out there in the cold.