Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Today on my drive to Target.

It hit me today while driving to Target. " S**t, I'm going to be running 26.2 miles on Sunday. For real. No 20 miles then pass out and go to the hospital (we'll I hope not at least). I leave for this so called race in 3 days. Damn that's not many days". I came as close as I have ever come to a panic attack. Then I got over it and bought some lights for our balcony. No seriously I am quietly freaking out when no one is around. Which is happening a lot because I am home by myself all week. Just me and the cat. I try to talk to her about it but she's really only a sprinter and doesn't understand the long distance race :)

Yesteray I ran a little over 3 miles outside. It was one of those runs where 3 miles was harder than any 10 mile run I have ever done. I was glad it didn't take long. And that's really all I have to say about that run. Today is supposed to be a cross-training day. I think I'll do free weights in my home instead of driving to the gym. I have no motivation for the gym today. Instead I am going to hang lights outside and finish decorating the tree. Even though I feel strongly that hanging lights outside should be Jacob's job. He's not here and I want the lights to get up before December 24th so I'll attempt it myself. Should be interesting :)

5 comments:

Marcy said...

Hanging lights and decorating the tree IS cross training ;-) Make sure you take pics of yourself :P This is something I'd like to see you attempt HAHA! ;-)

RunToTheFinish said...

We all quietly freak out, especially before the first, but it's all going to work out cause you put in the miles and the mental work!!

I also put up our christmas lights because someone is too slow for me.

Nancy said...

EXCITING!!! You're going to do great.

Bill Carter said...

Oh, I know these feelings all too well... my body totally freaks out right before a big race. I've been reading your blog and I know how hard you've trained. You are going to do great!
I'm really looking forward to reading your post race report:-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Sunday.