T -2 days and (approximately) 18 hours until marathon #5! Here's the taper randomness happening bullet style...
- taper crazy didn't set in until Tuesday. I was talking to my friend who had no idea I was running a marathon on Sunday and something clicked along the lines of "crap, I didn't realize how close the 16th and running a marathon really is!"
- I don't know what it is about the week before a marathon but it's the week I finally get around to getting a haircut. My last one was right before Chicago in October (yes, I tend to go 5 to 6 months between haircuts) and I had a PR. Maybe it's good luck or something! Or maybe I finally get so annoyed with the mess I realize I'm not going to be able to take 26 miles of heavy hair on the top of my head.
- I'm crazy anxious about this race. Even though I know the course, am going home to be with family and friends, and have done this before I can't help but think my training wasn't enough, my times were a lot slower this time around, I could have been better with my food choices, so on and so forth. My anxiety symptoms are coming through full force - insomnia, night terrors when I do fall asleep, nausea, stomach pain, etc. I'm doing everything I can to calm down!
- I really hope I can get some sleep in the next couple days I think that will make all the difference.
- 2 runs done so far this week. An easy 6 and a what pfitz calls a "dress rehearsal". It was 7 miles with 2 at race pace. My legs struggle to find my desired pace. They kept moving 20 seconds too fast!
- I have 2 short runs left to do. Since Friday is a travel to Ohio day, I may skip one.
- Today is my Friday at work. The day can't end soon enough...
- Saturday is a big pasta dinner at my dad's house with family and friends running the race. I am so excited! I love running races with and supported by people I know and it happens so rarely.
There are a lot of us running this weekend. Since my taper brain isn't focusing on anything I can't imagine trying to link everyone up. Good luck to everyone - you know who you are! I'll be thinking of you while I'm out there on the course in Cleveland and looking forward to reading your reports as I recover from the couch.
***I forgot to mention I have bib #2498 this time around. There is live marathon finish times up on clevelandmarathon.com on Sunday if you're feeling the need to check on me ;) I'll also update FB right after I finish I'm sure!