Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Wrap

This weekend included much laying around and doing a whole lot of nothing besides eating, running errands, playing on the computer, and cleaning our very nasty master bathroom (which is now less nasty).  I decided to change into my running clothes around 3pm on Sunday after all that excitement.  On the way out I even convinced the hubs to go with for a few miles.  Since when I am left up to my own devices and have no schedule to dictate my weekly workouts it seems I choose laziness.  I believe this week was a grand total of 4.5 miles with some cross training.  Awesome.  Therefore the plan was to go out easy see how I felt and try to get between 7 - 8 miles done.  I also tried out some new running gear, including this visor.

I'm happy to report it worked great!  My forehead was a little toasty towards the end but I think it's because I'm not used to hats or visors.  Can't wait to try it out on some longer runs.  

Ended up running just over 7 miles at a 9:13 min/mile pace.  Legs were well rested and everything just clicked.  My left hip started to ache the last couple of miles so I made sure to stretch well when I got home (as opposed to my usual sit down at the computer or head straight to the shower with no stretching).  And I'm much happier now that I didn't waste the entire weekend being a complete sloth :)

18 comments:

Marlene said...

Good job getting out there! I have the same bad habit as you, straight on the compy and/or in the shower. Who has time to stretch?! ;)

The Laminator said...

Since you just ran a marathon, I think you're allowed to be lazy...it's called recovery =)

Glad you got in some nice recovery miles in this weekend though.

J said...

I have been trying to stretch more after runs because my hamstrings have been super tight but its hard! great job on the run...you deserve some "lazy" time!!

D10 said...

I hate cleaning the bathroom! Nice job out there. Cute visor, I love running with them.

kilax said...

Ooo, I need a visor like that. I have been using a hat and it doesn't let my head breathe!

Awesome run! I love them when they just click like that! What did you do to stretch your hip? My husband is having hip issues :(

Mark said...

Way to get it done! Sounds like you are recovering well.

kristen said...

Sounds like a great recovery run. I think my hair is starting to finally get long enough for the ponytail need to make a visor look cute. I love visors.

carpeviam said...

I love redemption runs. Makes past days not feel so wasted. Well done!

Marcy said...

Cute visor! I jsut started using them last summer because I sweat soooo dayum bad and the Bondi Bands alone did not help LOL

Mel-2nd Chances said...

glad you had a relaxing weekend, and got in a few runs! given my string of injuries, thankfully i'm very consistent with stretching...then a shower and computer :)

MCM Mama said...

Good job getting out there! I'm like you with the stretching - I only stretch if something hurts. Of course, I'm going to blame it on my kids needing me the minute i walk in the door most times.

Jess said...

I've been thinking about investing in a hat to keep my head cool on the summer. Glad your visor worked well!

X-Country2 said...

Adorable visor. I saw a bunch of running hats this weekend, and while I wouldn't wear that, I might do a visor.

runner26 said...

those are the best runs--when everything clicks! but i'm with Lam on the recovery comment--you are allowed to take some rest days after a marathon!

Chris said...

I have the same visor [in black] and I love it! I usually run before the sun rises, but if I'm out and there's any hint of the sun, I'm in a hat or visor. The Nike visor is my favorite, and I've tried them all!

Chris said...

I have the same visor [in black] and I love it! I usually run before the sun rises, but if I'm out and there's any hint of the sun, I'm in a hat or visor. The Nike visor is my favorite, and I've tried them all!

aron said...

great job on the run!! i cant run without a hat or visor :) they are the best!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,