Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Wrap

This weekend included much laying around and doing a whole lot of nothing besides eating, running errands, playing on the computer, and cleaning our very nasty master bathroom (which is now less nasty).  I decided to change into my running clothes around 3pm on Sunday after all that excitement.  On the way out I even convinced the hubs to go with for a few miles.  Since when I am left up to my own devices and have no schedule to dictate my weekly workouts it seems I choose laziness.  I believe this week was a grand total of 4.5 miles with some cross training.  Awesome.  Therefore the plan was to go out easy see how I felt and try to get between 7 - 8 miles done.  I also tried out some new running gear, including this visor.

I'm happy to report it worked great!  My forehead was a little toasty towards the end but I think it's because I'm not used to hats or visors.  Can't wait to try it out on some longer runs.  

Ended up running just over 7 miles at a 9:13 min/mile pace.  Legs were well rested and everything just clicked.  My left hip started to ache the last couple of miles so I made sure to stretch well when I got home (as opposed to my usual sit down at the computer or head straight to the shower with no stretching).  And I'm much happier now that I didn't waste the entire weekend being a complete sloth :)

17 comments:

Marlene said...

Good job getting out there! I have the same bad habit as you, straight on the compy and/or in the shower. Who has time to stretch?! ;)

The Laminator said...

Since you just ran a marathon, I think you're allowed to be lazy...it's called recovery =)

Glad you got in some nice recovery miles in this weekend though.

J said...

I have been trying to stretch more after runs because my hamstrings have been super tight but its hard! great job on the run...you deserve some "lazy" time!!

Anonymous said...

I hate cleaning the bathroom! Nice job out there. Cute visor, I love running with them.

kilax said...

Ooo, I need a visor like that. I have been using a hat and it doesn't let my head breathe!

Awesome run! I love them when they just click like that! What did you do to stretch your hip? My husband is having hip issues :(

Mark said...

Way to get it done! Sounds like you are recovering well.

kristen said...

Sounds like a great recovery run. I think my hair is starting to finally get long enough for the ponytail need to make a visor look cute. I love visors.

carpeviam said...

I love redemption runs. Makes past days not feel so wasted. Well done!

Marcy said...

Cute visor! I jsut started using them last summer because I sweat soooo dayum bad and the Bondi Bands alone did not help LOL

Mel-2nd Chances said...

glad you had a relaxing weekend, and got in a few runs! given my string of injuries, thankfully i'm very consistent with stretching...then a shower and computer :)

MCM Mama said...

Good job getting out there! I'm like you with the stretching - I only stretch if something hurts. Of course, I'm going to blame it on my kids needing me the minute i walk in the door most times.

Jess said...

I've been thinking about investing in a hat to keep my head cool on the summer. Glad your visor worked well!

X-Country2 said...

Adorable visor. I saw a bunch of running hats this weekend, and while I wouldn't wear that, I might do a visor.

runner26 said...

those are the best runs--when everything clicks! but i'm with Lam on the recovery comment--you are allowed to take some rest days after a marathon!

Chris said...

I have the same visor [in black] and I love it! I usually run before the sun rises, but if I'm out and there's any hint of the sun, I'm in a hat or visor. The Nike visor is my favorite, and I've tried them all!

Chris said...

I have the same visor [in black] and I love it! I usually run before the sun rises, but if I'm out and there's any hint of the sun, I'm in a hat or visor. The Nike visor is my favorite, and I've tried them all!

Aron said...

great job on the run!! i cant run without a hat or visor :) they are the best!