Tuesday, May 12, 2009

4 days and counting

4 days and some odd hours until race day... I'm getting nervous!  I'm always nervous before races but I'm really feeling anxious.  Maybe because I haven't done a race longer than 10 miles since Dec 2007.  Plus, I have no idea how my time will be on Sunday.  My training felt all over the place this time around.  I do not expect to PR and my training times started out (and continued) to be much slower than I expected.  Obviously it would be wonderful to come in under the 4:06 I ran in Dallas but I am no way planning for it nor will allow myself to be disappointed if I don't. I really hope to not go over 4:15.  I never signed up for this race with a specific goal in mind and never really formed a solid one in recent weeks.  Cleveland was to be used as a precursor to the Chicago marathon so I can have a better idea on how to train to break 4 hours.  So we will see what race day brings!

I have started the obsessive checking of all weather related websites.  Today reports a high of 60 and clouds.  So in the 50's at the 7 am start.  That would be my most perfect race day weather.  Of course it is still too soon to get excited about this possibility.  I received my information e-mail that includes my bib number.  Number 2126!  I have nothing good or bad to say about these numbers so I'm going with good!  

This week I have one more day trip on Wednesday to NY.  It is going to be difficult to wake up at 4:30 am - we just found out we are going to the Cubs game tonight with friends!  Sleep will have to wait until Weds night :)  Hopefully I'll be able to catch up before Sunday.

14 comments:

maria khoury said...

my bib is 389...that email got me so excited! have fun at the cubs game tonight, its beautiful out. go cubs go!

Jeri said...

Good luck on the upcoming race! I just noticed that you're doing the Dallas White Rock marathon. I'm doing the 1/2 then too!!

Aron said...

hang in there girl and relax!! you know you are ready, just get out there and run!!

Marcy said...

LOL you're so cute! relax chica! I'm sure you're going to do fab!

J said...

Enjoy the cubs game!!

I am sure that this marathon will go well for you even if you don't get until 4:06. Just keep a positive attitude and enjoy the race!

runner26 said...

you're totally ready for this!

also, i miss wrigley.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

have a blast!! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Marlene said...

Have fun tonight! And I hope you get to catch up on some rest vefore the weekend. :)

Fingers crossed that the weather stays just like that.

Jess said...

Looks like a great race number to me! Good luck this weekend!

bicycle wallpaper said...

hi there,
greeting from bike lover 0_0

Anonymous said...

You have been running strong, no worries. Hope you have a nice trip to NYC.

The Laminator said...

You're ready. Go rock. Have fun. It's going to be a great day for a run. Enjoy yourself, Jamie, and have a fabulous race!

MCM Mama said...

Getting so close now! How exciting!

Linda said...

Have a great race! Looking forward to your race report.

Safe travels too!