Tuesday, March 17, 2009

70 and sunny

I wish everyday could be as nice as today was in Chicago.  If only 72 and sunny would stick around for awhile...(sigh).  I had a nice 7 mile recovery run Monday besides the fact that my new shorts suck and kept riding on up in the front and back.  Anyways, it was too gorgeous to sit inside or be at the gym so I decided to bike the lakefront. Nothing too exciting happened during the 50 minute ride and it was nice to enjoy the outdoors doing something other than running. Being out during the day I'm always amazed at how many other people are also running/walking/biking/laying around during the day.  A lot of people have free time in the middle of the day.  I know what my excuse is (work from home and taking a break); I just want to know what their deal is! 

On a side note.  Am I the only one who eats dessert happily while watching people kill themselves working out on the Biggest Loser? Plus what was with everyone calling their half marathon run "half OF a marathon"  It's a lot easier just to leave the "of a" out.  And I think I would have gone crazy running 13 miles on an indoor track like several of them did.  

9 comments:

audgepodge said...

Haha... love your comment about dessert + Biggest Loser. :)

So are you training for the Cleveland Marathon? I'm thinking about signing up for the half. I'll let you know if I do!

Anonymous said...

Nice job. I too am looking forward to the nice weather sticking around. It really just makes things easier.

J said...

I never would have been able to run a HM on an indoor track! I wish it was 72 here. we have nice weather but its still in the 50s.

Trophy Wife said...

Ha! My husband and I always end up getting take out on Tuesdays while we watch BL. One the first episode Bob got on and said something about "why are we doing this show if you are sitting there at home eating ice cream while we do it?" and I knew he was talking to me. Must have been talking to you too!

A couple of the people kept calling it "the marathon" and I kept yelling at the tv that it was a HALF!! Good to hear I wasn't the only one annoyed.

X-Country2 said...

It's amazing how easy it is to get out and run with weather like this. Why can't it always be like this?

tfh said...

Hehehe-- I do the dessert thing too. Totally without guilt. I think there's a psychological term for that...

Hope the great weather continues! If you manage to find shorts that don't ride up, let me know.

Jess said...

Yea what the heck was up with that half of a marathon crap....seriously...and running on an indoor track, oh my gosh I would have stopped after two miles at the most lol!

maria khoury said...

yesterday was so nice! and today is bleh again. lets just hope for no more snow!!

Aron said...

its been sooo nice :) it needs to stay here, i am already dreading the HOT summers :(