Friday, March 6, 2009

17

This week I had enough foresight to look at the weather report for the upcoming weekend. Weather.com is calling for 90% chance of rain all weekend. After last weekend's long run in the elements I decided to move this weeks 17 mile run to Friday. Well because of the forecast and because of my birthday! I tend to celebrate a birthday week, and at the very least, weekend, instead of just 1 day :) So today was a beautiful day for a run, sunny and in the upper 50's. Shorts and t-shirt - a first in 2009. Although the weather was fabulous I was not feeling fabulous and it took everything I had to not give up. This run was one of biggest mental and physical struggles I have had in a long time. The first 4 miles were some of the worst. After my first GU at mile 5 I felt a little better but by mile 7 I just didn't want to be doing the run any longer. Reason for nothing gelling and the overall crappy feeling? Probably because I drank some (a bottle) of red wine last night. Will I ever learn??? Yes, today I finally learned my lesson. No more drinking the night before a long run. It seems like a no brainer...I also think I need a complete rest day the day before a long run. I have been testing doing light cardio the day before and it isn't working out to well for me. At least I learned something today!

5 comments:

aron said...

learning lessons is always a good thing :) great job on the 17!! i HATE when the first few miles are so hard.

maria k said...

haha i dont think i will ever quite learn to put down the booze the night before a long run. it seems like such a good idea at the time!
smart move switching your run to today! its gorgeous out!! yayyy chicago spring is almost here.

X-Country2 said...

I hate that lead-leg feeling the night after drinking.

The Laminator said...

Congrats on your 17...no matter the crap you had to put up with, you made it happen, which in itself is a great victory! Now you can celebrate in style. Have a happy birthday weekend. You definitely deserve it! Awesome!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,