Tuesday, April 13, 2010

50 is fabulous

Apparently when one turns 50 you party like you just turned 21. The only difference is you hurt a lot worse the next day! I think all of us "kids" did a great job with the decorating and Dad did great taking care of the bill (as usual) ;) Plus Barbie was surprised! That's all you can ask for is that the birthday girl is surprised at her surprise party!

pink and black candy table - a big hit as the night went on!

cupcakes made from scratch (courtesy of her daughter-in-law)


Surprise!
Barb's daughter, my sister, Barb's DIL, and me - the party decorators

sisters!
It was a good weekend home that ended with a very uncomfortable trip back to Chicago thanks to a couple too many vodka and soda's Saturday night. My Monday flight to Springfield, MO was a tough one after getting home so late Sunday!

I was able to get 1 more run in on Saturday before the festivities began. A 6 miler around Medina. I always thought Medina was so big but not so much. I ran a loop through the town and township and hit a major portion of the "city" on my 6 miler. Not as big as I thought :) But still a fun way to see how much my little town has grown over the years! After the run my left lower leg was killing me. I think I did something to a tendon because it hurts in flats but it much better in heels. My feet didn't feel better in my heels though. I had another 5 miles I needed to get in per the schedule but because of my leg pain and general body pain from too much partying I figured it best to rest and ice. So I didn't hit my desired mileage but I'm not feeling too bad about it. It was still a 50 mile week!

7 comments:

Marlene said...

A candy table!?? I want one of those at my next Birthday party! Glad to hear it was a great time. Nice work on the runs too and good call taking the rest you need. I hope your foot feels better!

J said...

Wow that looks like a pretty awesome party! It looks like it was a pretty great time!Hope your foot feels better!

kristen said...

You girls give good party :) That looked beautiful. I loved the drink menu. SO cute.

50 mile week. Definitly nothing to be mad about! Great work.

Running Diva Mom said...

oooh .... looks so pretty .... love it!

Jess said...

Looks like you had such a fun times!

Brent Festge said...

I wish I were 50

runner26 said...

looks like a great party! and nice job on the 50 mile week--wow!