Thursday, March 18, 2010

one of those

Tonight was one of those runs. The kind of run where you so want everything to fall into place, to find a zone, and just run. I had a full night of real sleep, a beautiful, sunny day that I was actually home to enjoy, and 11 miles on the schedule. I should have been primed and ready to go! Instead, the moment I stepped outside I felt off. I was still full from a really good, but not so good for me, lunch. I dressed too warmly. My legs were heavy and clumsy. At the end of my first mile I thought I still only needed to warm up some more. I thought my legs were being difficult because they weren't used to nearly perfect running weather or taking their time to get with the flow. Mid-way through my 2nd mile I realized today was not my day no matter how badly I wanted it to be. I made the decision to go to 3 and turn around. I was practically running at my recovery run pace anyways so today became a 6 mile recovery run. I was recovering from traveling too much :) Too many early mornings and not taking care of myself caught up to me today!

Friday may not be as nice as today but I'm going for that 11. I'm hoping my yummy (and healthy!) dinner, stretching, epsom salt bath, and early bedtime prove to be the winning combo for a successful run!

Happy Weekend!

7 comments:

kilax said...

I wish we runners had some way to "make it our day" when we have gorgeous weather like this! Have fun with the 11 tomorrow!

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when that happens. Hope you have a fantastic 11 miler today. Enjoy the weekend.

Marlene said...

My first run of this week felt a little like that too... I blamed it on adjusting to the spring weather and the time change! (Sounds legit!)

Hope you have that great run today!

Tara said...

Dang, I had one of these last week too. A lot of bloggers made me feel better by saying that maybe we occasionally have these bad runs, so that we will appreciate the good ones. Hang in there!

Jess said...

That's what my run was like last night. Everything should have gone well, but it just didn't. Better luck this weekend!

Aron said...

ugg i hate that!!! but now its in the stars for you to have an awesome 11 miler on friday :)