- We visited central Illinois family, Ohio family over a span of 7 days. I scored some great loot at both places :) Apparently I was a good kid this year!
- I ate a lot. It still hurts.
- Long hours in the car and little time at home. Family is worth it but sometimes it's a bit much.
- My dad had his last chemo treatment the week before Christmas. We find out this month whether or not he's in remission or it's time for the next step.
- In Ohio, there were drunken plans of my friend's husband pacing me in Cleveland this year to break 4 hours. After a disappointing 4:23 last year there I'm tempted to head back in May. Decisions, decisions.
- Sister and the brother-in-law came to stay with us over New Years. Way, way, way too much drinking and food intake. It's what we do best.
- I discovered my love of Mario Kart. 4 year olds kick my butt but it's all good. Although, I have to watch it because those cute little Nintendo characters make me swear up a storm.
- I re-discovered my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I can't get enough of the cheesy, campy, butt-kicking goodness. And Angel (David Boreanez) is nice on the eyes :)
- My husband left for 2 days after New Years and those two days were some of the most boring, wonderfully lazy days of my time off.
- I'm stuck in Atlanta thanks to the first storm of 2010. My Thursday 4:21 pm flight was cancelled a full 22 hours before take-off, before any weather hit... what the hell?!?
- I love United text updates. I was able to book a crappy hotel and extend my rental car with plenty o' time. Now no sleeping in the airport :)
- I packed extra underwear... that's really the only plus of this trip.
- I ripped my running shoes this afternoon. It made for an interesting 4+ interval miles.
- The New Orleans 1/2 is in 7 weeks. I'm sooooo not ready
- I ran outside in the frozen tundra in Chicago several times. I don't mind it until my lungs start to burn and I can no longer feel my chin.
- This day delay left me with time to hit up the treadmill/get another run done this week. So yea! another positive!
- I'm working hard to keep better track of my miles this year. I went old school and bought a runner's calender to record the details. I can't always take multiple computers with me when I travel so writing the details down works best. I think this might help keep me motivated.
- I can't wait to get home.
- I'm hoping some snow fairy dug my car out of the outside O'Hare parking lot. I don't really have appropriate digging your car out the snow apparel with me. Maybe I'll count the digging as cross-training for the day :)
Thursday, January 7, 2010
new year quick catch-up
When we last left off I was taking a break from the computer. So to catch you up on my life now and over these last few weeks I'm installing the ever helpful and effective bullet point system.