Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pre-Flight Run

During marathon training I had no other choice but to fit mid-range runs in before flights. Eventually it became a weekly occurrence I looked forward to on the schedule. At times it was stressful trying to squeeze in the mileage with all I needed to do before leaving for the night or the week; mostly it became my "me time." A way to handle annoying delays and airports in general. I missed it my first week back to work post-marathon. Getting ready to leave for that first trip something felt 'off'. Luckily I made time for my pre-flight run this week. I didn't go as long as I did a month ago but those 5 miles made a difference and changed my outlook for the rest of the travel day. So marathon training may no longer be happening but I'm glad I found a piece to incorporate in my traveling weeks while I figure out 'what's next'.

Have any of you found a piece of your training, may it be marathon or 5K that you love to incorporate even when not training?

This week may have been all gloom and doom outside but I managed back to back running days; my first since marathon training! And I even woke early (!) for a quick and dirty elliptical session in the creepy-not-in-the-fun-Halloween-kind-of-way hotel. Now to keep it going through the weekend...

Speaking of the weekend - Happy Halloween weekend! May you have your fill of scary movies, mini chocolate goodies, and candy corn! Me? I've go a scary movie date and a bag of candy corn pumpkins sitting on the kitchen counter :)

And a big GOOD LUCK and kick some butt to all the runners this weekend! Those taking on NY, Mark in the Bass Pro, and everyone else I can't think of right now. I can't wait to read all your reports!

10 comments:

J said...

I love morning running and getting in speed work! Its just something about intervals and sprinting that makes me feel good!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a great way to decompress before travelling for work.

Have a great Halloween weekend!

Mark said...

You do a great job of balancing everything! Sorry about the creepy hotel! Thanks for the shout out!

kristen said...

I loved reading about the clambake. Sounds like everythign was perfect. I love drinking around a fire pit. That's totally my family style too. Eating and drinking :)

I'm glad you have a way to deal witht the annoyance of travel. I don't know how you do it. I would be more mean than I am already.

Tara said...

When I am not training, I love to get out to the woods and do trails runs! One of these days I'm going to just quit the road running and just be a full time hill runner!

Happy Halloween to you!!

BTW-your clambake sounded like it was a VERY good time. Fire pits rock.

Jess said...

Glad you were able to fit in a nice run before your flight!

The Laminator said...

I think everyone gets in a post-marathon lull, so the fact you got some good workouts in is great! At the very least, you can celebrate Halloween guilt-free! Have a great weekend!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

most people would give up on any kind of training with the hectic traveling schedule you have, I've always admired the way you fit it all in! :)

B.o.B. said...

thanks for the kudos on my blog. hope you had a nice halloween!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,