Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Math

Sooooooo... last week around this time I may have mentioned I had 12 weeks left until Chicago. Well, I have never claimed to be very good at math :) This week happens to be the 12 week mark! I probably wouldn't even have noticed for some time had aron never left a comment asking if I started a week early. Thanks aron!!! I would still be trucking along and goodness knows when I would have noticed I miscounted the weeks. It works a little better this way since I didn't get the miles in last week I needed. So I had an extra week of base building and I try week 12 over again!

I started out Tuesday with a 9 miler at a 9:43 min/mile avg. I tried to focus on taking it nice and easy since I hadn't run in 4 days! I had plans to run 8 miles with 10x100 this afternoon when I reached my 2nd hotel for the week. However I changed to cross-training/weights after staying up late to finish past due trip reports. The new plan is to wake early Thursday and hit up the treadmill before work. Unfortunately I stay in a medical district surrounded by expressways and no sidewalks to run; the treadmill it is for 8!

16 comments:

The Laminator said...

Yay for an extra week of base training! Eight miles on the mill is really a whole bunch. I admire your dedication.

J said...

Haha I have done that before...its tricky counting the weeks! Hope you were able to get up and run this morning!

Kathleen said...

Wow, 8 miles on the treadmill is about 7 more than I can usually last! Haha. Good luck with training!

Marlene said...

Bummer that there are no decent places to run outdoors near your hotel. Good luck on the mill! 8 would quite possible kill me of boredom. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice catch! You amaze me with how you keep up with your running while travelling all over. Hope you have a great eight on the TM.

Mark said...

Whatever it takes! That's the attitude that wins and you have it! I get mixed up all the time on my countdowns!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

take the extra week! LOL at least it wasn't the other way around :D

runner26 said...

nothing wrong with an extra week ;) hope the treadmill run went well ~ just try to zone out and the miles will fly by!

kristen said...

8 miles on a treadmill. Your hardcore. I'm not sure if I could stick that out. Way to be. Your good at making adjustments.

Jeri said...

I'm just in awe of how you manage your training on top of your busy traveling schedule. Great job on the 9! Yay for an extra week. :)

Chris said...

I'm not so good at math either. At least you'll be well prepared.

I'm impressed with your ability to train on the road like you do. I'd be exhausted! You're doing great!

Jess said...

Yay for a surprise extra week of training!

Michelle said...

Nice running on the treadmill! Your training is going so great!! Keep up the good work!

Bill Carter said...

I can't imagine how you might have missed a week as you are never home! I honestly can't believe how much you travel, yet manage to get in your workouts. I'm curious to hear your feeling about the treadmill. I honestly run on it out of necessity as it gives me a decent workout and doesn't beat me up nearly as much as the ground. I also don't mind it as I can run on my lunches, take a quick shower and get back to work.

You will be ready extra week or not.

X-Country2 said...

See, I'd have considered that an extra week of taper. :o)

Aron said...

haha i just knew because your marathon is a week after mine and being on a 12 week schedule :) glad you got it figured out... and like Lam said just got an extra base week in there!