Friday, June 19, 2009

Who Needs Sleep?!?

The only thing running through my head right now is this:



I have always had this cyclical problem with sleep/insomnia.  I blamed it on being a night owl when I was younger and even took ambien when it got really bad.  Not anymore though.  I may work in clinical research but I'm not a huge fan of taking meds or even going to the doctor.An Anyways, lately no matter how tired I am bedtime doesn't even happen before 1:00 a.m.  I could be exhausted all day then 10 p.m. hits and I "wake" up.  Plus I'm a very light sleeper.  Last night for whatever reason (weird dreams, the crazy storms, insomnia) I was up every 45 minutes after not being able to fall asleep until nearly 3 a.m.  I am exhausted and sporting some awesome lack of sleep black eyes.  I hope I get over this soon.  Soon as in before Monday, since I have a 6 a.m flight to Laguardia.  Wishful thinking? 

---------------
Cross-training on the bike and weights yesterday.  Today there are intense thunderstorms in the area.  Perfect to take a rest day!  I'm hoping for a long run of 12-13 this weekend. 

11 comments:

X-Country2 said...

I'm the same way with sleep. No matter how hard I try, I can't get to bed before 1. Good luck and safe travels!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm getting into a bad habit of sleeping later and later lately too, however, hoping that'll change soon because all this swimming, cycling and hopefully running soon is keeping me pretty tired! Have a great weekend, and safe travels to NY!

Marlene said...

Ugh, I could NEVER function on that kind of (lack of) sleep. Hope you can rest up this weekend!

kristen said...

I think I am an insomnia too. I don't have trouble falling asleep so much as staying asleep. Like clockwork I'll wake up at 4:00 and be wide awake only to get sleepy again right before the alarm is set to go off. ANNOYING!! It's horrible. I am also a super super light sleeper. The birds wake me up outside. I feel like I'm the crazy girl from that movie Failure to Launch who has the bird that wont shut up.

I am scared of sleeping pills and refuse to take them. At least it's cyclical I guess.

Jeri said...

I totally sympathize with you. :( I have the same sort of sleep issues, usually stress-induced insomnia, and then I'm a super light sleeper on top of that. Sometimes (when I used to run before bed) I would run super hard just so it would knock me out at night. Here's to a hopeful slumber!

kilax said...

Sleep problems are so frustrating. I hope you get a chance to catch up on rest. :( I am not sure if you can really ever "catch up" though!

D10 said...

I'm not the best sleeper either so I feel pain. Hope you are able to get some good sleep this weekend.

Michelle said...

Sleep is key. I suck at sleep. I hope your insomnia goes away!!!

carpeviam said...

I have onset insomnia as well. It's just been in the last 2 years that it's crept up on me. For about a year, it was nearly every night, and then it went away for a while, only to return. I still have episodes where I can't fall asleep. I've come to live with it even though I've tried EVERYthing that is recommended. I've even "borrowed" an Ambien from a friend. Oh well. Such is life.

Dr.josheph said...

If you are suffering from sleep problems such as insomnia or obstructive sleep apnea, you need to consider this problem seriously and adopt specific measures at the earliest to get back your sleep. Regular exercising is one of the options to ensure sound sleep at night. Altogether, if you are unable to get adequate sleep during night, you can undertake certain initiatives to overcome your sleep problems such as fixing your sleeping as well as waking schedule and abstaining from alcohol, nicotine, tea, coffee et al before hitting the bed.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,