Sunday, June 14, 2009

No longer...

This weekend proved that I am no longer the champ I once was;  I can not drink and rebound as I did in my 20's...  I thought I knew this but I guess I needed another reminder.

Friday night my friend BK and I drove to Michigan for a girls night at a lovely lake house with our old roomie and some of her friends.  It was a fabulous night with a lot of laughs, food, drinks, and games.  We ended up staying late talking (as girls tend to do) and although I tried to sleep in the next morning I didn't really.  Saturday was rainy and cool but after some breakfast, more games, and getting 9 people ready we headed out to taste the offerings of a couple local wineries.  BK and I had to get back to our respective homes so we left while most of the other girls stayed another night.

It took longer to get back to the city thanks to some crazy Kenny Chesney pirate tour traffic as well as other festivals/general weekend traffic.  The plan for the rest of the night was for  hubs and I was to go get some dinner in little Italy and call it an early night.  That was the plan that we did not follow.  BK's little sister happened to be turning 21 at midnight and was having a "little" house party before heading out to the bars for the first time legally.  Earlier in the week we had planned on going to celebrate but then decided not to.  At dinner we decided we couldn't miss her bash because we love the girl so much and a lot of my friends were going so we would go say hi, have a drink, then leave since we would be the old peeps of the group.  That was the 2nd plan we did not follow.

All I can say is I walked stumbled in the door around 4 a.m.  The only thing I've proved to myself that just because I can stay up until 4/4:30 drinking beer doesn't mean I should.  

Happy Birthday Cait!  I had fun pretending to be 21 again :)

16 comments:

Chris said...

I think you're a rock start for staying up and out until 4:30 AM! Wow! I'm glad you had a fun time. :-)

The Laminator said...

Wow...you're a trooper for staying out that late. You must really love that girl to party like that! Haha! It's okay to slip once in a while...

Have a great week!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Haha... sounds like a great time, but ya, the recovery takes a little longer these days eh?

Anonymous said...

I don't think I could even make it to 4am. Nice job! Makes you wonder how we did every weekend back in college.

maria khoury said...

sounds like a great weekend! im starting to realize i cant go out like i used to anymore either. but its still fun to try

MCM Mama said...

I've discovered that even if I don't drink much, just staying up that late kills me! Sounds like a fun weekend, though.

Marlene said...

I would not be functioning after a night like that! I feel so old, but midnight is a late night now! LOL! At least you had a good time. :)

kristen said...

Join the club. I have a bachelorette party to go to this weekend and I already know there is NO WAY I'll be able to hang. \

Sounds like you had a blast all weekend though.

X-Country2 said...

"go say hi, have a drink, then leave "

I can not even tell you how many times I said this to myself and did not do it. :o)

J said...

I am still in my twenties and I have trouble bouncing back from drinking! Its fun to stay up but it totally takes a day to recover now!

Michelle said...

It sounds fun though! I haven't drank and let loose in a long time and I am feeling that perhaps a drink or two may be fun!!

You know the girlie fruity drinks? Like those pomegranate mojitos - or did I just make that up???

Jeri said...

I'm tired just THINKING about staying up that early. You need a weekend like that every once in a while just to remind you that you can't party that hard any more. :)

Jess said...

Haha sounds like you had a fun time though!

RunToTheFinish said...

ohh so horribly true! i want to be young and care free and never ever get hang overs...just can't party like i used to...but I still try sometimes!

Aron said...

hahaha omgosh i am there with you 100%! i dont know how i used to do it :)

Bill Carter said...

Hi Jamie

Look at you staying out late and partying with the young ones. My God, I can't even remember those days anymore...

Take care of yourself and best of luck with your running... and partying!