Sunday, January 6, 2008

Shorts...in JANUARY?!?!

That's right it is January 6th and I got to wear some shorts! Craziness for sure. In Chicago on Weds it was -6 degree (real feel) and today just 3 short days later a cloudy but comfortable 51 degrees. Of course by the time I return from my business trip Thursday it will be 30 something and snow showers but at least I got a taste of spring for 1 day in January. Not much to report on the run itself. I haven't been running consistently so I wasn't sure how I would do and it's been awhile since I have braved the outdoors. It went great and I finished strong on a short 3 1/2 mile route. Now off to pack and run errands before my flight down to Florida then back up to Atlanta. So over the business travel thing.

On a side note I think I found my ceremony/reception venue. A little more than I wanted to pay but it's perfect. Located 2 blocks west of Michigan Avenue it is this recently rehabbed studio with a gorgeous garden right in the middle of the city. Centrally located for all the out of towners (which is ~100 of my guests). Now all I have to do is sign the contract and give them a big chunk of my money. I am holding out for August 30th/Labor day weekend but some other bridezilla already has the date on hold. If she doesn't pony up the money the place is mine! Evil I know but a lot of girls out here put holds on multiple places at one time while they continue to look. Here's hoping she's that girl. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

7 comments:

Adam said...

Yeah, I was loving running in shorts in Texas yesterday too. I didn't run today, but if I had, i would have lost the long sleeve as well. It feels like April or May, my allergies think so too unfortunately.

Marcy said...

I'm super excited it's supposed to be in the 50's during the middle of the week for us. YAY! (yeah watch next week is -10 LOL)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you chica! This wedding business stuff can get nutty LOL

Nancy said...

Hey Bridezilla, Go away. We need that spot!! :D Good luck, I hope you get it.

RunToTheFinish said...

yeah wedding planning! I had so much fun putting ours together and we just sent out invites last week, so now everyone else is getting excited about hitting the beach too!

I was so happy to have on shorts yesterday, that I'm going to be majorly depressed when the cold returns.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get your spot.
Enjoy your trip.

zanne said...

this weather is crazy -- i just did my long run last sunday in shorts & a t shirt. and i think the week before it was 14 degrees.

you are one busy girl! hope you get the wedding spot you want ...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.