Wednesday, January 28, 2009

San Antonio Update

San Antonio is COLD! Not as cold as Chi-town but seriouslyI do not want to go outside. And I didn't bring outdoor cold running clothes ;) It is total opposite of what I think Texas should be. Today I actually got out a bit early today and snuck in a 5 mile tempo treadmill run before the dinner and drinking and schmoozing began. I seriously thought I was going to die on mile 2 but then I made it through after much positive thinking. It felt fabulous to move after sitting and eating and listening to presentations all day. Not sure if I can get anything done tomorrow since it will be a 7am - 10pm kind of day. ugh. But I will have a site here (as well as Austin and Dallas) so I'll be back in Texas running for the next year and a half! Plenty of time to find some good running paths and maybe a running partner! Thursday is going to be killer. I can't remember the last time I woke at 6:30 in the morning and went all day - good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that long day. Nice job squeezing in a run.

J said...

Glad you got at least some running in! Too bad about having to go non stop all day : ( maybe the weather will get warmer!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Jamie

Brutal. I cannot imagine what it must be like to travel and then have to spend days working that many hours. As of right now, I have resolved not to complain about my 45 hour weeks with 2 13 hour days.

Hang in there and it will eventually get warm... right??